At Dlala, we value you as a customer. We share your concerns about privacy. We are providing this notice to explain how we treat personal information ("customer information") that is not public. This is information we obtain from you or other sources when we provide you with products and services.
We want you to know that we respect your privacy; and we protect your information.
- We do not sell customer information to third parties.
- We do not share your information with persons, companies, or organizations outside of Dlala Brokerage and Investment Holding Co. that would use that information to contact you about their products and services.
- We expect persons or organizations that provide services on our behalf to keep your information confidential. We also expect those persons or organizations to use your information only to provide the services we have asked them to perform.
- We are committed to protecting your customer information in every transaction, at every level of our organization.
- We convey to our employees about the need to protect your information. We have established safeguards (these are physical, electronic and procedural) to protect this information.
How We Protect Your Privacy
Dlala considers the protection of sensitive information to be a foundation of customer trust and a sound business practice. We employ extensive physical, electronic, and procedural controls and we regularly adapt these controls to respond to changing requirements and advances in technology.
Within Dlala and among our subsidiaries, we restrict access to your information to those who require it to provide products and services to you. We may share the personal information that we collect about our customers, prospects, or former customers with their broker/dealers or with:
- Affiliates, including subsidiaries)
- Government agencies, other regulatory bodies, and law enforcement officials (e.g. for reporting suspicious transactions)
- Other organizations, as permitted by law (for example, for fraud prevention)
- Other organizations, with your consent or as directed by your broker/dealer)
Privacy, security, and service are just as critical in the online environment as in the rest of our operation. We therefore employ all of the safeguards described above, along with the following Internet-specific practices.
Dlala uses a variety of proven protections to maintain the security of your online session. For example, we make extensive use of firewall barriers, encryption techniques, and authentication procedures. We may also place cookies and similar files on your hard drive for security purposes, to facilitate site navigation, and to personalize your experience on our site. When we conduct business online, we may also collect technical and navigational information, such as computer browser type, Internet protocol address, pages visited, and average time spent on our Web sites. This information may be used, for example, to alert you to software compatibility issues; or it may be analyzed to improve our Web design and functionality.
You may access and, if necessary, correct your account information through a variety of media offered by your broker/dealer and Dlala. Please contact your broker/dealer if you require any additional information.
Links To Other Sites
This site contains links to other sites. Dlala is not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of such web sites. Dlala is not responsible for the accuracy, copyright compliance, or legality for these linked sites.
The policies and practices described in this disclosure are subject to change, but we will communicate any significant changes to you as required by applicable law. The policies and practices described in this disclosure replace all previous notices or statements regarding this subject.